News & Events
YES project aims to change lives of young people
Bangladesh Youth and Cultural Shomiti (BYCS) is one of nine partners delivering a £1.94m Youth Employability Support (YES) Project in Leicester and Leicestershire.
The project, aims to transform the futures of 400 young people between the ages of 15 and 24 who are currently the furthest from the labour market.
Working together as partnership means we can offer a range of courses, and support services that helps young people to overcome challenges and barriers that has prevented them from finding a job.
These barriers could include issues such as:
· Lack of skills and relevant qualifications
· Work experience
· Low self-esteem and confidence
· Language and cultural barriers
· Mental health issues
· Substance abuse
· Leaving care or in care
· Previous offenders
Here at BYCS we are running the following course as part of the Yes Project:
Everyone enrolled on the YES Project is assigned a mentor that will support them throughout their journey and help them to achieve their goals. We can help you with:
· Information, advice and careers guidance
· FREE functional skills assessments
· FREE fast track functional skills courses (entry 1 to GCSE’s)
· FREE vocational skills courses including Food Safety, Health and Safety in the Workplace and Emergency First Aid
· FREE Employability training, interview skills, CV building and job search
· Organise Voluntary work experience
The YES project is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund and managed by Voluntary Action Leicestershire.
Find out more about the YES Project www.yesproject.org